Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
I may record information relating to your use of the site, such as the searches you perform, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. I use this type of information to administer the site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. I also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
I may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of my service. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the site. I may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the site may not work properly or at all.
WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary to administer the site and provide the highest possible level of service to you.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
I take your privacy and the safety of your personal information very seriously. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Delivery companies. I will share your personal information with trusted delivery companies, but only to the extent necessary for said delivery companies to deliver your item or to make a claim with them, should an item be damaged or go missing in transit.
- I do share your information with trusted third parties, such as Google, my analytics provider, and Mailerlite, my email provider, who assist me in operating the Website, conducting my business and servicing clients and visitors. These and any other trusted third parties with whom I share your information agree to keep this information confidential. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I must retain your personal information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements. I keep most of your data for the following time period: 4 years.
I am required to keep personal information regarding any purchase for up to 8 years to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
You may unsubscribe to my e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mail communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and our Website and its Content is directed to individuals who are at least 13 years old or older.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Clare Lipinski, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
PO Box 2991, 211 S. Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60604